Aging Better in Community
This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto Against Ageism
, by Ashton Applewhite
Disrupting the Status Quo of Senior Living: A Mindshift
, by Jill Vitale-Aussem.
with the author
Aging in Community
, edited by Janice M. Blanchard.
by Dr. Bill Thomas
Dementia Beyond Drugs: Changing the Culture of Care, Second Edition
, by G. Allen Power, M.D.
Dementia Beyond Disease: Enhancing Well-Being
by G. Allen Power, M.D.
by Susan Macaulay
by Atul Gawande.
, by Frederic Laloux. Includes information about the Buurtzorg home care approach.
- A publishing platform challenging conventional views on aging, established by Dr. Bill Thomas, MD. Dr. Al Power is a frequent contributor.
The Green House Project
- The best known example of the household model, established by Dr. Bill Thomas. See also:
New Data: COVID-19 & Green House Homes
- A new study of corona virus for May 2020 shows remarkable difference in cases and deaths compared to the national US average for nursing homes.
(Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments) - A collaboration of like-minded individuals with the common goal of improving physical environments for older adults.
Senior Living Foresight
- An informative website by Steve Moran, dedicated to all aspects of senior living.
- An online magazine dedicated to reinventing organizations and changing the way we work, with numerous articles about Buurtzorg.
- The internationally renowned neighbourhood home care organization in the Netherlands. Its motto is: Humanity over Bureaucracy.
The Eden Alternative
. Dedicated to improving the well-being of older adults by eliminating loneliness, helplessness, and boredom.
. The renowned facility in the Netherlands that provides care for older adults with severe and extreme dementia.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.